Other Interesting Pages :)

October 17, 2011

Babies 98 and 99… A grim visit...

~*~ Marc's Point of View ~*~
Jamie was an adorable little toddler. She loved her imaginary friend doll VERY much. You would rarely find a moment where she wasn't playing with it, or singing to it. I honestly have to say I think she's a daddy's girl, where Anna is a mommy's girl.
I had been struggling with the idea of quitting my job as a level 10 in the Education career… I finally managed to build up the courage to call.
"Mr. Seymour?"
…mumbling on the phone … 
"Yes, this is Marc Barker. I am calling to resign from my job at Sunset Valley High School…"
… mumbling on the phone … 
"Yes, I am sure. Thank you."
As I hung up the phone, I immediately became paranoid about how I was going to tell Catherine. I decided it could wait, and went to do something productive on my "day off".
Of course, productive meant teaching skills to toddlers. I began with Jamie. I taught her the basics of speaking… a few words that are simple to understand. Things like food, drink, mommy, daddy, sleep… the necessary words that toddlers would use.
And then I headed over to Anna and taught her to use the potty chair. She had that "I need to poo" face, so I figured there would be no harm in starting her skills there.
Thankfully Catherine didn't seem to notice that I was taking a day off from work… she must have just thought it was one of my normal days off - or gotten her days mixed up. I sighed with relief as we cuddled before falling asleep, knowing that I had a few more hours that I didn't have to tell her.
The next morning, I ran outside and hid out of earshot of the house, and picked up my phone.
"James? Its me."
… mumbling … 
"Yeah… its back again. Worse than before. I think I'm going to need you to do me the biggest favor in the world."
"I owe you big time for this, though I'm not sure I'll be able to repay you"
… mumbling … 
"I love you too, man."
I hung up the phone, and sighed once more. I knew I'd have to go back inside, and face Catherine. She would know immediately that something wasn't right.
Sure enough, she approaches me, and asks the dreaded question.
"Um… Marc….?"
"Yes hun…?"
"Well, why aren't you at work?"
"I quit."
"Why?"
"It wasn't for me. Don't worry, we got this covered."
And out of frustration, and irritation, and a slight bit of anger towards Catherine, I stormed out of the room, with Jamie on my hip.
When we got to the kitchen, I taught her to walk. She had the cutest little concentration face in the world! She was a beauty, that is for sure. So much like her mother, in personality.
Catherine seemed to be alright with the fact that I quit… Aware that in order to support us, I would have to find a new job soon. We worked on teaching the girls skills together. She taught Anna to talk, even though she was more interested in the booger on her finger, while I taught Jamie to use the potty chair. I was always the better one at that.
I had been so tired lately, so I took another nap on the couch. That was the most comfortable couch in existence, and I am surprised more family members don't nap on it! 
After Catherine woke me up, fed me dinner, and made me go to sleep in the hover bed, which I admit made for much more restful sleep, I played tickle monster with a very concerned Jamie. I love that she has my eyes!
She was no longer concerned when all I really wanted to do, was tickle her. She giggled until she couldn't breathe anymore.
Of course, I loved Anna too - just as much honestly. I taught her to walk, and we spent a bit of time chatting together about her imaginary friend. I think it is sweet how so many of my children have them, and how quite a few have actually gotten married to them!
I pushed Catherine to perfect her ice-carving skills, so that she would achieve the "unmeltable sculpture" ability. She did learn it, and I was so proud of her!  After she learned it, we decided that it would be a good time to have the girls age up.
Anna was stunning! She looks so much like her mother and I combined! She was still in love with her aqua clothes, and wore the same hair bow as she did when she was a toddler! 
Where Jamie is just beautiful in the recessive gene type of way. I love how her eyes (mine) match her beautiful blonde hair! We also decided to have all the other birthdays at the same time - the boys had been bugging us for days to grow up.
Tavis grew up first. He was still as handsome as ever, though it appears his nose grew a bit! His traits are:
~ Neurotic
~ Loner
~ Good
~ Artistic
~ Kleptomaniac
And this is his beautiful Imaginary Friend Elissa. She had the traits:
~ Technophobe
~ Kleptomaniac
~ Perceptive
~ Neat
~ Party Animal
Brody aged up to be a handsome young man. He too, had my eyes, which suited him very well. His traits were:
~ Neurotic
~ Scmoozer
~ Artistic
~ Easily Impressed
~ Ambitious
This is Brody's Imaginary Friend Miranda. She was STUNNING. Her traits are:
~ Brave
~ Daredevil
~ Neat
~ Hot Headed
~ Eco-Friendly
 Pretty soon after the kids turned into Young Adults, we were called down to the City Hall for their graduation ceremony. It was beautiful, and I was so happy to see more of my children graduate, and head off to college and work their dream jobs. During the ceremony, Tavis was voted most artistic - and Brody was voted most likely to be mediocre. As sad as it made me to hear that, he seemed pleased.
Here they are after the ceremony, with their diplomas in hand! I couldn't have been more proud that day! Unfortunately, we didn't all head home together. Tavis and Elissa moved into their own house, and Brody and Miranda moved into one of their own.
Seeing that the house was ours for the night, (Anna and Jamie were sleeping over a friends house that they saw at graduation) we decided to have some fun in the treehouse. I can't say that the splinters were particularly pleasant, but it was well worth it in the end when I heard that sweet lullaby. Catherine was thrilled as well - she immediately poked at her stomach and began to smile.
I went inside to take another nap, while Catherine played on the trampoline. We decided to get rid of the hopscotch floor, the see-saw and the water slide and got the trampoline instead. The kids weren't interested in the other toys enough, and kept begging for a trampoline. Of course, we gave in to our lovely kids.
And soon enough, I was woken from my nap to the sounds of puking coming from our bathroom. I smiled. As upset as it made me, to know that Catherine was physically ILL all the time because of her being pregnant, I was happy that she was showing the signs.
When she finished up, and brushed her teeth, and washed her face, I asked her a big favor.
"Honey, will you do me a favor?"
"What is it?" 
She said as she smiled at me.
"Well, I was wondering if you would be so kind, as to sculpt me in ice? I know you're proficient now, and can make them forever unmelting… and I want to know that I'll be in this house (or any other house) forever."
She smiled again.
"Sure! That sounds like fun!! Go pose for me!"
She giggled and ran off to get the chainsaw.
I did as she asked, and posed in the best way I could. I wanted to be strong in the sculpture. Soon enough, the sculpture was finished. We both carried it into the only place in the house that wasn't too cluttered for it.
We placed it in the dining room. I stepped back and admired it. I smiled at Catherine, and told her it was perfect. I thanked her with a quick kiss and we both walked back into the skill room.
Once there, I realized my head was reeling. I didn't know what it was, and figured it must just be the fumes from the chemistry set getting to me.
As I started to walk towards the bedroom to take a nice nap, I clenched my stomach in agony. I knew what was coming next.
I fell to the floor and stretched my arm out towards Catherine. She was staring at me with tears in her eyes, and her mouth open in a scream that wouldn't come out. I whispered to her that I loved her… 
And blackness came over me.


~*~ CATHERINE'S POINT OF VIEW ~*~
I had no idea what just happened. I was in shock. Tears were pouring out my eyes, and I couldn't scream. I couldn't grab for my cell phone to call 9-1-1… I couldn't move. Suddenly I heard a loud CRACK and looked up away from Marc. Grimm was standing there over his body, looking at me in an almost… GENTLE way. I couldn't move, or speak still. I looked Grimm in the eyes, and he knew what I was asking him. Why.
"He was sick for a long time Catherine"
"Why didn't…  I know..? Why didn't…  he ever tell me…"
I managed to squeak out.
"He didn't want to hurt you, or worry you. He loved you very much."
"How…"
"He had pancreatic cancer since he was three. You have known him through much of the life that he suffered with it. He was strong, and managed to never let the ugly side of the cancer come through. He went through many years of chemo during the time when you two weren't in contact. He did it for you Catherine. He wanted to be able to give you the life you deserved, granted you would give him a chance - and you did."
"But… why… "
"It came back about a year ago. He knew that it wasn't curable this time… He did all he could to ensure that you and the kids would be taken care of, and you don't need to worry - he has succeeded in that sense."
I couldn't speak anymore, so I nodded at him. I stared back at Marc's lifeless body… He had never told me. Maybe if he had told me sooner, I would have had more time with him… It was my fault that he was dead.
"Don't you think that Catherine - it was not your fault"
I stared at him with wide eyes - he read my thoughts.
"Yes, I can read minds - it is necessary with my job. Catherine, there is someone at the door, please, let me take Marc. There are things you must do."
I nodded at him again, and watched as Marc's body disappeared. Grimm nodded at me once more, and with a loud CRACK again, disappeared as well.
He had been right though, there was someone at the door. I stared at him and my eyes went wide. It couldn't be… 
I stepped outside, and greeted the man.
"My name is James… James Barker. I am Marc's younger brother. I've lived across the world in Bridgeport my whole life, so I am not surprised if he has never mentioned me to you."
I finally managed to find my voice.
"No, he hasn't… why are you…?"
"Why am I here? Good question. I am guessing that my brother has passed, and I knew that it would be any time now. He called me a few days ago, and asked me to move here to Sunset Valley to make sure that you would be alright. He cared about you deeply."
"I know he did…"
"I'm sorry.. but you just look so…"
"Yes, we've been told that a lot during our lives. I knew you when you were little… But I was a tiny little toddler back then, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember me."
I nodded. I remembered the baby in Marc's mothers arms. The blonde baby in a sea of brown haired parents on both his, and my side. So thats where my blonde babies got their hair color from.
"Some of my children got blonde hair like you…"
He laughed and smiled a huge smile.
"He mentioned that when he called me! I think it is pretty cool - the way genetics work."
"I have to go though, I'm still in the process of moving into that house over there"
He pointed to the house across the street from mine, that had been vacant for quite some time.
"Call me if you need anything, and I mean anything alright?"
I nodded once more,

I reached out and hugged him. I cried on his shoulder for a minute or two and then pulled myself together. I thanked him for his concern, and he walked away.
Once back inside, I saw both my beautiful angels crying. I didn't even realize that they could have known what happened to Marc. I asked how they knew, and they told me that they had been in the nursery when the whole thing happened… 
Nothing I could say would cheer them up, though. I felt useless, helpless, and worthless. I wanted to help them, and I didn't know how. Marc would have known what to do… 
As I stared at the chess table that Marc had spent so much time at to make a living for our family, I began to cry. What would I do without him? How would I take care of the family that had grown to love him, and needed  him as much as I did… without him… 
When I heard more wailing coming from the nursery, I ran in as fast as my pregnant belly would let me… I was on the verge of popping, and I needed to get to my little girl. I found Anna and hugged and kissed her until she started giggling. I told her things would be alright, and I knew deep down in my heart, they would be. Sure enough, the run had triggered my contractions. I called James to come watch the girls, which he gladly did. He was thrilled to meet his nieces! I ran over to the hospital.
A few hours later, I walked out with a baby carrier… and a look of devastation on my face. I had only had two children. I only had 99 children, and my husband was gone. I didn't think I could finish the challenge. How could I possibly find a challenge father after having such a perfect family relationship with Marc. How could I do that to MARC? I knew I had time to worry about that, but I had babies that needed to go home.
Welcome to the world Damon Barker. Baby number 98.
And welcome baby number 99, Stephen Barker.




If you enjoyed this post, PLEASE let me know in the comment section below!! :) 
I had so much fun making this post :D


If you would like my wish list, click here.
If you would like to add me on Facebook, click here.
If you would like to add me on TS3 Website, click here.

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I just love the way you are ending this challenge (except for the part about Marc dying). I almost couldn't believe he was actually GONE! I love love loved it!!!!!! :D Only one more to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I had a lot of fun with the ending… I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, what... Marc? Dead? Someone slap me because it can't be true! :O All the kiddies are so beautiful, but the girls are so sad their daddy is gone... But at least y'all still have that sculpture to remember him!

    ONLY ONE BABY TO GO! OMG, so great! Can't wait. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, at least you have the supposedly non melting ice sculpture to remind you of him. But he can't be dead. It's against the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destiny, thank you :) I think they're gorgeous as well. New post will probably be out today - conclusion of the baby challenge + continuation of Catherine's life i guess.

    Skye, We'll see if he is really dead or if he isn't :) one way to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...this is so sad! It's sad to see the girls miss their daddy! But overall you did a fantastic job! I enjoyed it. 1 MORE TO GO UNTIL BABY 100! You've done an amazing job :)

    Bri <3 (Brianna Raine Parker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Brianna!! I had a lot of fun with this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You basicly copied Steve Jobs death...

    ReplyDelete
  9. right… not at all, but thats cool too.

    ReplyDelete